As we have said many times in the past, WE LOVE THE FORD FOCUS RS and we really do think it is one of the greatest hot-hatches ever. With its muscular stance and artillery inspired exhaust pipes it ticks every box. Production of the RS is winding down and entering its final stages and as a result the special editions are growing in numbers. Ford have already given final customers of this monstrous machine the option to specify WRC inspired rims, but Ford’s French division have taken it to a whole new level.
Back in the day the blue oval dominated the motorsport front with victories in Le Mans and many in touring car. Ford France has custom-built just 5 Focus RS that proudly wear the company’s colours of victory.
- Black with silver stripes: a reference to the Ford Mk II, which was victorious in 1966.
- Red with white stripes: recalling the Mk IV which won in 1967.
- White with a thin blue centre stripe surrounded by a red border: echoing the decoration of the beautiful Ford Mk IIB, entered by Ford France in the 1967 Le Mans 24-hours.
- Two-tone sky blue and orange: A modern take on the GT40s which dominated Le Mans in 1968 and 1969.
- Two-tone white and blue: representing the livery of the Capri RS 2600 which took the Touring category in 1972.
Each of the 5 cars has customised interiors that are garnished with alcantara and stitching that matches the cars paintwork. All are to be sold following the Le Mans classic event.
What one would you drive away with?